BMC Green Lab Initiative
What do we do?
We research, discuss, propose and enforce actions and policies to reduce our environmental footprint in the lab, and to make our research more sustainable, such as:
- Single-use plasticware
- Tubes (for culturing Drosophila, bacteria etc.)
- Staining solutions and buffers
- Waste separation improvement (recycling bins available in each room)
- Pipette tip boxes
- Green fact of the month - check out our information campaign
- Stickers as reminders, for example to switch off devices
For more information on facts, actions and tips on how to start a Green Lab Initiative, see here (1 MByte).
- Provision of a knowledge database availabe for students and staff on campus.
Who can join us?
Everybody is welcome to join!
Contribute new ideas or simply join the meetings to take some inspiration.
Spread the word to colleagues and friends and set up your own green lab meetings in your department or institute!
Where and when do we meet?
We are meeting every first Wednesday of the month at 1 p.m. virtually via Zoom. Just send us an email to receive the link and participate: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get in contact?
Our contact is: email@example.com
- sustainability_wet_lab (1 MByte)